The Education Division shall be a catalyst for young leaders and a well prepared, robust and stable workforce with educators and employers understanding legislative issues, external forces, and best practices impacting life-long educational and leadership development.
1st Wednesday, 4 p.m.
Please click on the links below to learn more:
- Business Education Partnership Program
- Educator Appreciation Reception
- Student Volunteer Award Form
- I.HELP Programs for Elementary and Jr-Sr High Students
- “Those Who Care” Awards
Plan of Work
- Work with all area school districts with activities such as the Educator Appreciation Reception, Student Volunteer program and “Those Who Care” awards
- Continue to build the Business Education Partnerships, publish a BEP Spotlight monthly in the Chamber Review, and recognize the volunteers from the BEP businesses
- Ensure the Educator Resource Guide, BEP Directory, and a guide of schools from K-12 both public and private on the Chamber web site are current
- Distribute the I.HELP program to area schools and evaluate and change as necessary
- Conduct or offer more workshops relating to the goals of the Division, as needed
- Investigate opportunities to involve schools and businesses, locally and in outlying areas, to attend meetings and/or become involved with the Education Division
- Provide support to educational initiatives that benefit the Jacksonville area