Middle School Assistant Principal
Jacksonville Middle School Assistant Principal for 2021-2022 School Year
Position Purpose & Essential Functions
Under the general supervision of the Principal, to assist with the administration and overall operations of Jacksonville Middle School. Main responsibilities will center on creating and maintaining a positive and orderly atmosphere, monitoring student attendance and discipline, staff observation/evaluation, student activities and other services.
See attached job description for more details.Additional Duties
Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Superintendent and/or Middle School Principal.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Use standard office equipment such as personal computers, printer, copier and fax machines, and telephone.
Travels to school district buildings and professional meetings as required.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
Work in standard office and school building environments.
Note: Also see the Summary of Physical, Sensory and Environmental Requirements Needed to Perform Essential Functions for this position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of current teaching methods and educational pedagogy, as well as differentiates instruction based upon student learning styles and behavioral management methods.
- Knowledge of best practices in administration, program evaluation and staff supervision.
- Knowledge of data information systems, data analysis and the formulation of action plans.
- Ability to use computer network system and software applications as needed.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to develop and implement projects.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents.
- Ability to organize multiple tasks and conflicting time constraints.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to leadership, performance and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
- Certification/License: Type 75 Administrative Certificate
- Illinois State license as required for position.
- Motor Vehicle Operator's License or ability to provide own transportation.
- Bachelor's and Masters Degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in School Administration or other related educational discipline.
- Successful administrative experience is preferred.