Job SummaryCreates and fosters a warm home environment that maximizes the development of the individuals living in a residential setting sponsored by the Agency, under the general supervisor of the Residential Supervisor.
Responsibilities and DutiesAssists individuals in developing and/or maintaining personal skills including physical, self-help, communication, psycho/social and cognitive needs. Integrates individuals into the functioning of the home, including laundry, meal planning/preparation, food handling/storage, shopping, house cleaning, yard maintenance, cooperative problem solving, and leisure activity. Integrates individuals into their community by helping them access local restaurants, stores, and special events, clubs, and other social/recreational and religious activities of the individuals' choice including attendance at medical or other appointments as assigned. Demonstrates required Direct Support Person (DSP) knowledge of individual medications, side effects, and proper documentation processes.
Skills and QualificationsVerifiable documentation of education - high school graduate or equivalency. One or more years' experience programming for persons with developmental disabilities and other physical and mental challenges preferred. Ability to read, as measured by the Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE) and to meet the physical qualifications required for this position. Fingerprint Criminal Background Check and Essential Functions Test/Pre-Employment Physical and Drug Screen are required. Must have a valid driver's license and an insurable driving record.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Basic Life Insurance (Agency Paid)
- Supplemental and Dependent Life Insurance
- 401 K
- Short Term Disability, Critical Illness, and Accident Insurance
- Identity Protection & Legal Assistance
- Eleven (11) paid holidays
- Paid Leave Days
- Employee Birthday Paid Time Off
- Discounted Health Club Membership
- 25% Discount at The Attic
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- On the Job Training
- Bereavement Days, Discretionary Leave, Jury Duty, Parental Leave, Military Training Leave, Educational Leave
Benefits based on employment status.
Rate of Pay
- $14.22 per hour for non-DSP trained staff
- $14.77 per hour for DSP trained staff
- $15.60 per hour after completion of Medication Administration training
- *Additional $0.30 per hour for those employees who work an overnight shift in Residential Services.
Application Process**All interested persons must complete a Pathway Services Employment Application to be considered for this position. You may apply online by visiting our website, www.pathwayservices.org/careers. You can also fill out your application to our main office, Pathway Plaza, 1905 W. Morton Avenue, Jacksonville, IL 62650.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Substitute hours